A year ago I wrote about the conjunctions that would happen in the beginning of 2020, more focused on the conjunctions with Pluto than in the other conjunctions of the year, more concentrated in the months of February and March than in the rest of months of the year. Even so, as I said at the time, we should be aware throughout the year, because the “quasi-destructive” impulses would be felt all the time.
On the next 21st or 22nd of December, depending on the place of the earth where it is observed, we will have the last big conjunction of this year, namely Jupiter and Saturn.
Astronomically, it is a meeting that has not happened for centuries (1226, to be precise). In fact, a conjunction between Jupiter and Saturn occurs every 20 years or so. But in this conjunction, the two planets will be at almost the same degree of latitude. That is, very close. From an astrological point of view, this proximity is not important. It could suggest a greater intensity in the effects of the event, but not in its meaning. And what is the meaning?
Usually, this conjunction symbolizes both an alignment on the one hand and a collision on the other. As an alignment, we must remember that the two planets have a social character, governing our public lives. Also, the two represent the criteria that we take into account when positioning ourselves in public or in decisions of greater importance.
As a confrontation, Jupiter means expansion, growth, abundance (of gains and expenses), forward momentum, movement. It can mean expanding horizons, possibilities, material resources, human resources (getting along), mental resources, knowledge. It may be knowledge of human laws, beliefs or philosophy. Saturn, conversely, means contraction, solidity, structure, decreased movement or paralysis. It means decreased earnings and spending, savings. It is focus, concentration, tunnel vision, strategic vision, planning. Jupiter symbolizes the seeker, who goes beyond the limits. Saturn the controller, the limit itself, the limit that gives forms. They are contradictory.
On the 21st-22nd, the two are at 0º of Aquarius. In fact, they go from Capricorn to Aquarius together.
Aquarius is the sign of the liberation of the mind, creativity, authenticity, freedom. It symbolizes breaking the rules, breaking with the past, breaking with traditions, the invention of the new, science as a discovery or innovation. It is associated with more intellectualized, more rational, less emotional, more technological, creative, inventive and innovative states of mind. It means polyfacetism, the varied, flexible or versatile way of observing things and to look at the world. In his exaggerations, Aquarius can become eccentric, rebellious, unstable, erratic, cold or insensitive.
But, in addition to being so close, this conjunction occurs on the same day as the Solstice of Capricorn. The significance of this encounter may be the depth and durability of the effects on the collective unconscious of the human race. In addition to other astrological interpretations that state that the effects of this conjunction can last for many years, it will surely last all season, winter in the northern hemisphere, summer in the south.
At its best, this meeting of impulses can generate events such as:
(1) Scientific advances of a practical, less theoretical nature, more likely in the medical sphere, or in the aerospace sphere.
(2) Political agreements, unstable, but facilitating. (see below “in the worst version”)
(3) Flexibility of social rules and norms.
(4) Decrease in the value and importance of dogmas, whether scientific, religious, social, or others.
(5) Remodeling of groups and institutions. Construction of new, more flexible structures in the relations between different interest groups.
(6) Sudden or unstable changes in the economy, associated with that the Aquarius ruler, Uranus, is transiting in the sign of Tauro. Products, services or currencies may suffer disruptions, again, although no longer for the reasons of the beginning of 2020. The positive part is that it will move the stagnant economy of 2020.
In the personal field:
(1) Increased value and acceptance of differences, variety of forms and opinions.
(2) Restructuring the area of your Natal Chart where Aquarius is (consult an astrologer)
(3) Acceleration of mental and rational processes. Learning new things will be easier.
(4) Increased creative capacity, especially in problem solving.
In its worst version:
(1) Breakdown of concepts and prejudices in social relations, which is very positive. However, conflicts can become widespread and lead to violence.
(2) Serious conflicts between different interest groups. Sudden outbursts of group aggressiveness.
(3) Crippling divergences in the scientific field.
(4) Crippling divergences in public and political administrations.
(5) Widespread authority conflicts: Recognized authorities lose their power or are confronted. The rules that maintain the structure of authorities in various parts of the world may crumble or at least sway, leaving its shortcomings exposed. Murders or attempted murders of leaders or authorities can happen for several months.
In the personal field:
(1) Leap forward on projects that seemed to stall during 2020.
(2) Instability in personal beliefs or values, can lead to instability in decisions or in the maintenance of ongoing projects.
(3) Sudden changes in beliefs or values can lead to several interpersonal conflicts.
(4) Prioritizing freedom in relation to commitments, can be the cause of disruption in individual economies, in the strength of personal structures such as families, groups of people, or associations. Criteria of what is correct or acceptable will be very loose, and this can lead to amoral or immoral attitudes, or to cause bonds between people to suffer lasting upheavals.
(5) As beliefs and values are our most prized assets, we may be prone to violence for two or three months, in trying to defend them. Watch out.
These events are only demonstrating the polarization between these two principles. Historically, we have been a poorly skilled humanity to deal with them. What ends up producing more conflicts than advances.
In any case, the reminder is that we become aware that in the collective unconscious, the reasons we remain united and linked to each other have developed and changed, and now, in practical and common lives, they need to be updated.
In short, everything that is still built in a Capricorn, conservative, rigid, fearful, not very creative, not very original or flexible way will be deconstructed.
Aquarius is a sign of equality (related to the French Revolution and its ideals) so all social or personal ties that do not vibrate in the idea of equality, fraternity and freedom will be conflicted and destroyed.
What we must do to avoid having our ties destroyed is to redirect our attitudes using the Aquarian criteria as a measure: creativity, authenticity, equal access and rights, freedom of action and opinion, openness to investigate and learn, living with differences and divergences. Prioritize innovation in relation to the maintenance of the old, prioritize the flexible or the multifaceted in relation to the unifocal, to the tunnel vision, and emphasize the rational and emotional part of us (Here, in the sense of being able to offer good reasons to choose this or that, act like that and not in another way around – not in the sense of avoiding emotions and feelings, basic components of our lives!! Attention!)
Another extremely important Aquarian figure now is that of individuality, one of its essences.
Firstly accepted as the principle that each human individual is important in itself, regardless of the group to which they belong, her ethnicity or social class. It was fundamental within the ideals of the French Revolution (Liberty – Equality – Fraternity), still pursued by all and increasingly important.
However, it has become a controversial concept, due to two lines of thought in which it becomes pejorative: (1) Individuality can lead to Egoism and the absence of compassion or understanding about the lives of others; (2) Individuality generates the false perception that I can imagine myself separated from everything else, from humanity in general and even from Nature, which is absurd. In the first way, I see myself as an individual but I lose the notion of fraternity and equal conditions among all other humans. In the second, feeling separated from the rest blocks the understanding of the unity of all phenomena, the deep understanding of the cause of all events: I am an inseparable part of the universe.
This paradox is becoming central to the 2021 consciousness shift. We must be personally responsible for everything that happens and at the same time be an integral part of everything that exists. My thoughts, my words and my actions build my reality. But, not alone! In resonance, consonance and participation of everything around me. People, buildings, animals, wind, economy, viruses, fake news. All. We are inexorably linked to everything, but it is my responsibility what I do in all of it.
So the quality, the depth and the constancy of my consciousness determines the quality, the depth and the constancy of my life, in the life of everything around. There’s nowhere to go that isn’t already inside everything, in this world. There is no “outside”. Not choosing is already a choice. You are solely responsible for the quality of your life, because that quality is derived from the quality of your consciousness, and that quality depends on your will. At the same time, you are responsible for the quality of life around you. People, animals, plants, everything. And it reverts to you very soon. There is no separation. “If the world has a problem, I have a problem!”; “If I am not part of the solution, I am part of the problem”.
Although we are not all Aquarians (having the sun in Aquarius) we all have Aquarius on our personal Charts. It is time to activate this vibration, to think, feel, speak and act more aquarian than usual.
Let’s do it?